Christopher A. Burns, DDS
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Christopher A. Burns is originally from Richmond, Indiana. He is a board-certified oral & maxillofacial surgeon who received his undergraduate degree in biology from Indiana University in 1981. He earned his Doctorate in Dental Surgery degree from Indiana University in 1985. Upon completion of his dental school studies, he was elected into the OKU Honorary Dental Society. After earning his DDS degree, Dr. Burns completed a one-year General Practice Residency in the United States Navy in San Diego, California. He went on to serve a total of seven years of active duty as a Naval Dental Officer, with tours in the Philippines and Newport, Rhode Island. Dr. Burns then completed a four-year residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Indiana University Medical Center in 1996. Immediately following this residency, he entered into private practice in the Geist area. He also practiced part-time in Richmond, Indiana until 2023.
In 2010, Dr. Burns founded the InDent Study Club, whose mission is to elevate the knowledge and skill of the art and science of dentistry. The study club has since flourished, and is proud to count among its members dozens of well-respected dental professionals in central and east central Indiana.
Dr. Burns has devoted his professional career to all aspects of oral surgery, with a special interest in dental implants. To keep abreast of the latest developments in his specialty, he has always exceeded the continuing education requirements of the State of Indiana. He also maintains current certification in Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Dr. Burns has many interests outside of oral surgery. He enjoys sports, music and the performing and culinary arts.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Indiana Dental Association
- Indiana Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Indianapolis District Dental Society
- OKU Honorary Dental Society
- Community Hospitals (North & East)
- Indiana University Health (Methodist-IU-Riley)