An immediate denture is a complete denture that is inserted at the time all the remaining teeth are removed. Please refer to the “After Tooth Removal” instructions for additional information.
Instructions for home care following placement of an immediate denture:
- Do not remove denture(s) for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- After 24 hours, you may remove the dentures and rinse them with water. Rinse your mouth with an 8 oz. glass of warm water mixed with one-half teaspoon of salt after meals and additionally, for a total of four (4) to six (6) times per day. Replace your denture(s) immediately after rinsing. Continue this procedure for one (1) week after surgery or until instructed otherwise by your general dentist.
- Maintain a soft or liquid diet for one (1) week after the placement of your denture(s).
- You should see your general dentist to check the fit of your denture within one (1) week after surgery.
- If you have sore spots, see your general dentist for adjustments.